Tuesday, August 9, 2011

My house was foreclosed on in California?

My house got foreclosed on in California, I was told that if the bank did not go through a judicial foreclosure process that I would not be held liable for the remaining balance of the loan once they sold the house. However, before they sold the house, they sold one of my two original loans to another company who is now suing me for 78,000 dollars. Of course, I don’t have that much money (if I did I would still own my home) Does anyone know if this is legal? I do not want to have to file bankruptcy, but if I have to pay back 78,000 then obviously I will be forced to file bankruptcy. The company who holds the loan will not accept less than $1,100 per month payments, and there is no way I can afford that and rent on an apartment. Any advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment